The Power of The Supreme Court

 

Congress Shall Make No Law...

Power of The Supreme Court


What did you learn about the Supreme Court that you didn't already know?

Reading

- I was not aware that William Howard Taft served as both Supreme Court justice and President.

- I was aware that prayer wasn't allowed to be initiated in public schools, but I was unaware that it was because of a Supreme Court ruling.

Video

- I didn't know that they receive over 100 case requests a day.

- I thought that it was really cool to hear that they all shook hands every time they enter the room.

What is the most important takeaway point about the Supreme Court?

- The Supreme Court has been a crucial part of the development of the US. Ruling by ruling helps the people further protect their civil rights.

What was the most surprising thing you learned?

- I was really surprised when I was reading over some of the cases that I recognized so many. The biggest surprise to me was Santa Fe Independent School District v. Doe. I was not aware that this was a Supreme Court case and that this was a big debate at my high school. We often found ways to work around it. I always thought this was just a small rule put on by the school district but I now know that this is a Supreme Court ruling.

How did the video change the way you thought of the Supreme Court?

- The video helped me have a more positive outlook on the Supreme Court. Hearing from people that served on the court really helped me remember that these people are still human but they still carry a big responsibility. I will say that this video was very one-sided in support of the Supreme Court. I didn't hear very many opposing comments in the video. I feel like the video would have been better if they shared more information about the mistakes/wrong rulings that the Supreme Court had made in the past and what they had learned from the.


https://www.history.com/topics/us-government/supreme-court-facts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWRoXYRsaeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca8qSuWxcG8


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Age Of AI

The Rise of The iPod Touch

What's New In The World Of Tecnology